One of my favourite beauty brands, Revlon, recently collaborated with fashion designer Marchesa (BEST Oscar dresses) to launch unique, limited 3D Jewel Appliqués. As soon as I heard about this I knew I had to get my hands on it and was SO ecstatic when they sent me a package to play around with!
This Fall 2013 collection comes in 8 different textured shades, each resembling one of Marchesa's couture pieces. Be sure to call your local drugstore to reserve some for yourself, trust me, they're STUNNING.
I've photographed five different shades above and provided a tutorial below using a sixth design. They were very easy to apply (as long as you're gentle and patient), and the whole process took about 40 minutes.
I'll be honest; the pink shade doesn't look that nice in the package but when I actually started putting them on my nails... it was love! I can't stop staring at my nails. :)
Here is a quick step-by-step photo tutorial, followed by a text version below. I hope you find it as simple as I did. Let me know how it goes if you try them!
- Pick the shade you want to use.
- Take out of all the contents inside the box. You will find 18 appliqués, nail file and cuticle pusher.
- Use the cuticle pusher (and some nail polish remover) to clean your nails and shape them. Then select a size that best fits the nail.
- Begin to wrap the appliqué around your nail.
- Make sure the appliqué doesn't touch your skin or cuticle and fold the remaining part.
- Begin filing gently around the nail in one direction until the excess begins to peel off.
- This is roughly what your nail should look like.
- Tada! All my nails (both hands) are done in 40 minutes.
These Revlon x Marchesa 3d Jewel Appliqués are so fun and pretty; you will actually enjoy doing your nails! Share your manicure with me, I'd love to see!