As a full-time worker, blogger and social butterfly, my calendar is usually filled with at least two or three things per day. It could be anywhere from going to a meeting, then an event, followed by dinner and drinks with friends or family. While having a busy schedule has its perks, it can definitely become overwhelming. Most people would probably agree with me when my biggest dilemma every morning is: What will I wear today?!
Instead of constantly shopping for new clothes, jewelry or the hottest bag of the season, here are some of my personal style tips that may help you next time you're deciding what to wear:
- Think about what you will wear each day of the week ahead of time. I often pick out my outfit the night before, or if I'm really good, I'll have them planned for all five workdays. This way I can visualize myself wearing the outfit and can even experiment with what necklace or shoes look best.
- Start with an item you really want to wear and build your outfit. Maybe it's that midi skirt you've been wanting to wear for a while or a leather jacket because the weather is perfect for it; work the rest of your clothing around it.
- Freshen up an outfit you wore (and loved) with different accessories. If I really feel like wearing a dress again, I try to incorporate a new accent colour into the look or change it up with a different bag or layer it with a blazer.
- "Something old, something new, something borrowed". What are friends for if you can't peek into each other's closets and exchange some things temporarily? Pair that new peplum top with a borrowed floral pencil skirt and top the look with your classic patent leather pumps.
- Remember to always smile! No matter what you're wearing or how tired you may look, make your smile your best accessory. It will stand out among the rest!
If you're conscious about your smile, try the new Colgate* Optic WhiteTM collection of whitening products to start getting whiter teeth in 5 days ‡!
Colgate* Optic White* Platinum Whiten & Protect Toothpaste§
This toothpaste is a great, gentle solution for everyday use and really does help to deeply whiten your teeth more than 3 shades & seal out new stains.†
I love the bold mint flavour, it makes my breath feel fresh for hours.
Colgate* Optic WhiteTM Mouthwash
I typically hate mouthwash; honestly, it's something I force myself to do twice a day but I think this mouthwash feels and tastes so different from the others in the market. It's an alcohol-free formula; I have actually been enjoying using it.
Colgate* 360°* Optic White* Soft Toothbrush
This is an incredible toothbrush that really helps get down to your gums without causing too much pain. It has whitening cups and polishing bristles, which, along with the toothpaste and mouthwash, work together to help whiten your teeth and make them cleaner. It can also be used to clean your cheek and tongue, believe me, not all toothbrushes do a good job at this!
Enter for a chance to WIN an eLUXE Gift Card +
Colgate* Optic WhiteTM Product Pack
My friends at eLUXE and Colgate* have generously offered one lucky reader an amazing prize-pack. eLUXE will be providing the winner with a $100 eLUXE Gift Card and Colgate* has put a product pack together which includes:
- (1) Colgate* Optic White* Platinum Whiten & Protect Toothpaste§
- (1) Colgate* Optic WhiteTM Mouthwash
- (1) Colgate* 360°* Optic White* Soft Toothbrush
To be eligible to win, you must fill out the Rafflecopter widget below!
This contest is open to residents of Canada only (excluding Quebec) and ends on June 10, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. No purchase necessary. Limit: One (1) entry per person. Approximate retail value $113. Skill-testing question required.
Good luck, friends!
+ + + + + + + + + +
This post was sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive Canada Inc. *TM Reg’d / MD. All photos and opinions expressed are my own. Please contact me for more information.
‡ vs brushing alone with regular toothpaste.
†by brushing twice daily for 4 weeks and preventing future stains from forming.
§Toothpaste fights cavities.
§Toothpaste fights cavities.