It's difficult trying to motivate yourself to put makeup on when it's minus 10 (or lower) outside. The only thing you can think about is making sure to bundle up with a warm scarf and mitts. Whenever I'm stuck in a rut, I try something out of the ordinary to break my everyday makeup routine and it really helps!
As women, we are lucky because we can use makeup to help us feel more confident or simply use it as a tool to help us look awake, even if we're not. I came up with this peachy-silver smokey eye a few weeks ago and it complements winter and my new hair colour.
- Primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder of your choice
- Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Eye Shadow Palette, shades "Steady" (entire lid), "Harajuko" (lid build-up) and"Serious" (edge and crease)
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour Chiseled to Perfection, shades "Dark Cocoa" (bronzer) and "Light Cocoa" (highlight)
- NYX High-Definition Blush, shade "Baby Doll"
- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Colour, shade "Touch of Spice"
Lately I've been playing with the edges of my eyes, only applying eyeliner or winging it from there. This technique makes your eyes look more elegant and smokey without applying too much shadow. I have also been sculpting my face in different ways, these days I'm loving how the Too Faced highlight brightens up under the eyes and the tip of my nose.
Hope you enjoyed this look! What are some ways you motivate yourself to play with makeup in the winter? I'd love to know.