I always wonder what other people pack when they travel. Out of everything you have at home, how do you know what to take with you and what to leave behind that you know you won't need? Over the last few years I've done a lot of short-term trips (and a few long ones), so I think I've finally figured out a system that works for me.
James and I went to Mexico a couple of weeks ago, to spend four beautiful days at Secrets Playa Mujeres, an all-inclusive resort just 30 minutes outside of Cancun. I was really impressed with how well our room was stocked, full with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and even razors and sunscreen! Stay tuned to hear more on the trip later this week, but here is what I kept in my travel bag for our short but wonderful vacation.
This winter Sahajan's Nourish Face Cream has been saving my skin. I've been using it daily, once in the morning and again right before bed. The rich blend of vitamin C, antioxidants and coconut oil keeps my face hydrated and moisturized throughout the day. Since we'd never been to Mexico before, I wasn't sure what the air or pollution would have been like, so I brought this with me and I'm SO glad that I did.
The hardest part of packing makeup in a small travel bag is that you can't take every blush you own with you! I knew that because Mexico was going to be warm, I didn't need to bring full-size bottles of foundation or heavy-duty concealer with me. I kept it simple and brought what I knew would work well in the heat.
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour Chiseled to Perfection, shades "Dark Cocoa" (bronzer) and "Light Cocoa" (highlight)
- L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder, shade "W4 Natural Beige"
- Revlon Colorstay Concealer, shade "05 Medium Deep"
- Too Faced Long-Lasting 16-Hour Blush, shade "Love Hangover"
- NYX Blush, shade "Coral Dream"
I'll be the first one to tell you that no two lipsticks are the same, shade, but in the case of travel, I like to pick one of each type (red, nude, burgundy, deep/vampy, pink and coral).
- MAC Cosmetics Lipstick, shade "Russian Red" and "Amorous"
- Lise Watier Fondant Supreme Lipstick, shade "205 Sandra"
- Marc Jacobs Lip Creme, shades "246 Slow Burn" and 250 Editrix"
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Drench Splash Lipstick, shade "Cabana Boy"
Unless I'm travelling for a wedding or special occasion, I try to keep it simple with the eye makeup. These are everyday staples: eye brushes, eyebrow kit, eyeliner, mascara and a small eye shadow palette.
- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara
- Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara
- THEFACESHOP Brow Master Eyebrow Kit, shade "01 Beige Brown"
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Gel, shade "Medium/Deep"
- Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Push-Up Liner
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
- Urban Decay NAKED Basics Eyeshadow Palette
And it all fits in that fun makeup benefit, that was kindly gifted to me by the wonderful ladies at Benefit Cosmetics Canada! Other things I brought along with me were the Aveeno Protect + Hydrate SPF 30 Sunscreen, Almay Clear Complexion 4-in-1 Makeup Remover, Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar and a Sephora Hair Dryer.
Hope you enjoyed this post. Come back later this week to hear more about our amazing trip!
+ + + + + + + + + +
This post was created in partnership with AMResorts. However, all photos and opinions are my own.