I go through tons and tons of smokey eye tutorials on a weekly basis, and almost all of them are simply too dramatic unless I plan to go clubbing. Don't get me wrong, I love a complete smoked out look, but it's not for me to pull off on an everyday basis. I've been searching for one that is feminine, sexy and incorporates fall colours. So, I decided to take out a couple of palettes that I've been dying to put to use and create something of my own!
Continue reading to find out what I used and where. If you enjoy these types of posts, please let me know and I'd love to do more.
The real focus is on the eyes. We want them to look dramatic, but not so that it empowers everything else! I love to layer a dark shade with something lighter on my lid (deep burgundy with a tan brown in this case); this helps lower the intensity and you can control how smokey you want it to get.
Once I had a base that I loved, I gradually made it lighter as I got to the brow bone. Playing with orange and cream helped me achieve this. To top it all off, I went in with a shimmery burgundy shade to add a pop of glam, and black eyeliner.
Eye products used:
- Benefit Cosmetics ka-Brow Cream-Gel Eyebrow Color & Brush, shade "5"
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow, shade "5"
- Smashbox 24-Hour Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer
- stila Eyes are the Window Shadow Palette (Mind), shades "Thinker" and "Intellect" (all over lid and under eye), "Wit" and "Perception" (crease), "Genius" (brow bone)
- Joe Fresh Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette, shimmery burgundy shade (lid)
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen, shade "01 Blackest Black"
- Smashbox Photo Finish Lash Primer
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
Keeping in the theme of fall colours, I used a burnt peachy-pink blush to match my eyes.
Face products used:
- Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer, shade "40 Medium"
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder, shade "40 Nude"
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette, shade "lyric" (under eye, nose, chin), "shadowplay" (contour)
- BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, shade "Prosecco Pop" (highlight)
- Yves Rocher Natural Blush, shade "Pink Dark"
- Benefit Cosmetics Posie Balm
- Annabelle Stay Sharp Waterproof Lipliner, shade "Java"
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick, shade "N9 Copper Pink"
Hope you enjoyed this look! Let me know if you end up trying it out yourself or if it inspired you to create something similar.