Hello, friends! Apologies for being a little MIA here on the blog, but we've been super busy planning for holiday + 2017 and I'm so excited to share some great content with you very soon (and that means AWESOME giveaways too).
The other night I was going through my drawers and came across Smashbox Cosmetics Always On Liquid Lipstick in True Grit and got inspired to create this look featuring different shades of brown. Continue reading to find out how to achieve this look.
SHOP MY LOOK!
The key to wearing a lipstick without your lips cracking, chapping or getting too messy is applying a good lip balm as a primer! As someone who has been wearing matte lipsticks for many years, I can't stress how important this is and it will make a huge difference.
Once I've done that, I line my lips with a liner that is most similar to my lipstick shade. This isn't mandatory, but I'm a bit of perfectionist and it drives me crazy when my lips aren't even, so I like to trace them first.
For this look I wanted to use a liquid lipstick because of it's colour and longevity, but I didn't want it to be matte. I applied the lightest coat of gloss to give them a shine!
Lip products used:
- Benefit Cosmetics Posie Balm
- Caryl Baker Ultimate Lip Liner, shade "Winery"
- Smashbox Cosmetics Always On Liquid Lipstick, shade "True Grit"
- Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss, shade "60 Berry Chic"
This subtle smokey eye is totally wearable and draws more emphasis to your bold lips and accessories. I love how the peachy-pink shade blends well into brown. Instead of going in with a liner, I just used a black shadow from the same palette.
Eye products used:
- Smashbox 24-Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer
- Smashbox Photo Matte Eyes Palette, shades "Rosehip" (all over lid), "Suede" and "Jolt" (crease + under eye), "Vanilla" (brow bone), and "Blackout" (eyeliner)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Lash Primer
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
Hope you enjoyed this look. Let me know if you end up picking up this liquid lipstick! I'm certain it will look fantastic on you.