Get your coffee or tea ready because this is *quite* the list!
I often get asked what my favourite lipstick is, or which foundation I use the most. While I'm constantly trying new things and exploring different ways of applying makeup, there are staple products that I gravitate towards on a regular basis. Once I start to like an item, I wear it quite often! This is a list of my favourite beauty products of 2016; it consists of makeup that I tried and fell in love with this past year, others include items that have carried over from previous years.
Here we go!
- Benefit Cosmetics ka-BROW! Cream-Gel Eyebrow Color: My number #1 go-to since the day I learned about it at the Benefit launch event back in May! Even when I'm tired and don't want to focus too much on my brows (it's a 20 minute process), I use a little bit of this in areas where the hair is sparse/not shaped and I am good to go.
- Milani EasyBrow Tinted Fiber Gel: At first I thought brow gels were a scam, until I forgot to put it on one day and came home to wild, crazy brows! I love the tiny brush on this one, it allows for you to really get in and comb everything into place.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Shadow Singles: Remember this makeup look? After working on that post I must have played around with my quad (that was kindly put together and sent to me by PR) about a thousand times. You can create a unique, colourful look using all four shades or use them separately and have more than four unique makeup looks! Bonus points for it being small and cute, it was easy to take with me while traveling.
- Stila Eyes are the Window Shadow Palette (Mind): I am sooooooo in love with the colour story of this palette. You can do soft, subtle looks, or go all out and create a sexy smokey eye. Stay tuned for more looks with this palette this year!
- Yves Rocher Felt Tip Liner: I've had the opportunity to play with Yves Rocher makeup a lot in 2016, and one of my favourite items is the classic felt tip liner. It lasts all day, and is great for when you just want to have a casual upper lash line with mascara.
- Benefit Cosmetics Push Up Gel Liner: If you're looking to create a killer cat eye that is smudge-proof, water-proof, everything-proof... you NEED this gel liner. It takes time to get used to the applicator, but once you figure it out, you'll become addicted. In 2016 I explored other colours that the collection has, including blue and green.
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara: This is not new for me but if I showed you my empties from 2016, you'd find at least three of these in there. While I'm always trying and falling in love with new and innovative mascaras, I somehow still come back to this. No other mascara lifts and curls quite like the Roller Lash!
- Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara: If you're looking for volume and the ability to pack on layers of mascara, this is your jam. This mascara works well for creating dramatic eyes, but I also love to use this when I'm wearing falsies; I find that they stick on better.
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte LipColor: If you look closely at the photo above, you'll see the wear and tear of this beautiful lippie. It was the first liquid lipstick I tried when the trend began, and I keep going back to it! My favourite shade is Passion, however, the whole range is stunning and hard to replicate through any other brand or collection. It also gets a few bonus points because it smells deeeelicious.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick: My two favourite shades are True Grit, a dark brown bold statement colour, and Big Spender, which is more of a mix between pink, peach and nude. These liquid lipsticks have remarkable stay power, and I don't find them too drying or cakey.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick: 2016 was the first year I began adding to my Estee Lauder collection. Their lipsticks are on the pricier side, but oh man, the colour, pigmentation and packaging is totally worth it. I'm loving the shade Tumultuous Pink. If you follow me on Snapchat/Insta Stories, you've probably seen me wear it a lot. ;)
- CoverGirl Katy Kat Matte Lipstick: Another big launch earlier in 2016 was the CoverGirl x Katy Perry collection. I was lucky to be gifted all the matte lipsticks + mascara and have quite a few favourites! The shade Catoure takes the cake; it's a mix between brown and nude, and goes with absolutely everything. There are days when I just don't know what lipstick to wear and I'll opt for this one!
- Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation: The satin finish on this foundation is beautiful and I love that it lasts all day, literally 12+ hours, without creasing or smudging anywhere. I get SO many compliments on my skin everytime I wear this foundation.
- L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation: I've been hearing about this for some time now, and finally gave it a whirl closer to the end of the year. Where have you been all my life?! Great foundation to use on an everyday basis; it's light, dewy and has a nice finish.
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder: For setting/finishing powder, I often go for a drugstore product because I run out basically each month. Lately I've been loving this one; especially to set my concealer and ensure it doesn't go anywhere.
- Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer: I am in a serious relationship with this concealer! No matter how many times I quit and try something else, I keep running back to it. It provides amazing coverage, working well to cover blemishes, redness and brightens my under eye area. A+++
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour Kit: I can't remember if I purchased this in 2015 or 2016, but I use it almost everyday and am actually low on the two shades I use the most. There are two highlights (one matte and the other shimmery) and two bronzers (medium and dark) in the kit. I always go for Light Cocoa (matte) and Dark Cocoa.
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette: I know, everyone is obsessed with this collab (me included), but the face palette is actually my favourite from the entire collection! I was in love with Champagne Pop until Prosecco Pop came into the picture, which is now my favourite highlight. I also really like the two blushes in the palette, especially Rose Spritz.
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer: Another product you'll often find in my empties if I kept track! I think this bronzer looks amazing on ANY skin-tone and somehow feels more glowy and shimmery in the summer time... is that weird?
- NYX Cosmetics Blush: Last year I got to explore more of the NYX brand thanks to the expansion in Canada. I hear a lot about their lipsticks and eyeshadows, but their blush collection is on point. Coral Dream has quickly become a favourite of mine; it's a beautiful peach shade that is gentle and very build-able.
- Yves Rocher Blush: If you can't tell by now that I go for peachy-pink blushes, this should justify it. Another staple of mine is Yves Rocher's Pink Dark blush! It looks so natural when you apply it. I also like that there isn't any shimmer, sometimes it's good to have flushed cheeks without emphasizing on them too much.
I hope you enjoyed my Best of Beauty 2016! Do you enjoy these types of round-up posts? I'd love to do more because I love reading + watching them.